Stratospherec is excited to be working with a well-established financial services company in Chichester who are the leading supplier of purchasing card software in the UK.
They are looking for a Senior QA Tester to take the lead on the testing function, and to act as a mentor and advisor to other less experienced members of the testing team.
The primary objective of the QA Lead is successful testing of company software, ensuring the stability, security, efficiency & effectiveness of company Products & Services. You will be involved in all aspects of testing throughout the project lifecycle, from initial development testing through to final acceptance by the stakeholder/customer. You will need to gain a detailed understanding of the day-to-day Operational processes, such as Interface File formats, file/transactions processing, as well as company Products & Services.
Key Areas of responsibility
- Hands on test execution, both automated and manual testing
- Take on leadership responsibilities and influence the direction of test effort (its schedule, prioritisation, and sequence of testing activities).
- Lead the establishment of a test automation strategy.
- Create and / or maintain a regression test suite, automated where appropriate.
- Test planning, and defect tracking/resolution
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle to ensure testing requirements are considered across the board.
- Identify appropriate testing tools across applications.
- Review product requirements, functional and design specifications to determine and prepare test cases.
- Provide input to continuous improvement within the testing function and the wider IT function. Champion of testing best practice
- Produce testing documentation for new and existing applications.
- Work closely with all participants in SDLC (solution, development, architecture, infrastructure etc) as well as wider business teams (product/commercial etc)
- Mentoring and coaching others
- Set your own goals and align your work with demands from Team Leaders, Customers and other Stakeholders.
- Provide status updates to your Team Leader as required
Perform and receive regular cross training
A flexible approach to working hours is required as the criticality of the role may occasionally involve extended, weekend or unsocial working hours
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years software testing experience, and ISQTB foundation level certified
- Computer science or business degree
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Hands on test automation experience across a range of tools (Cypress, POSTMAN) /experience implementing/contributing to an automation strategy.
- Good understanding of relational databases and SQL query experience
- Resource and workload management
- Strong understanding of testing within a range of SDLC's (Waterfall and Agile)
- Good experience in Microsoft Technologies (.Net/C#)
- Experience of risk-based testing.
- Highly motivated and analytically curious, willing to constructively challenge ideas and processes to streamline ways of working, with the ability to prioritise and sequence competing tasks and delivering to strict deadlines
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills and proficiency with the use of all Microsoft Office applications, (Excel and PowerPoint)
*This role is NOT fully remote and will require travel into Chichester, West Sussex. This company is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role***